Are reservations required?
Reservations are highly recommended. Drop-ins are welcome as availability allows. However, it is best to book a reservation to assure your spot at the time you want to visit. Reservations can be made as little as 30 minutes in advance.
Can I bring my children?
Yes. At least one adult must be present per three children. Children under the age of 6 are not permitted.
All visitors under the age of 13 must come with a parent, legal guardian or supervisor. Minors 13 and older may visit without an adult but must have their waivers signed in advance at the time of booking or in advance by a parent before arrival. Parents may sign the waivers through the link provided when booking. Unsupervised minors may have to provide proof of age and identification when checking in so that we can match up the name with the waiver.
We ask that all visitors help us create a calm and joyful environment for our kitty residents as Kitty Pause is their home while they await their forever homes. Anyone who is disruptive or harmful to the cats will be asked to leave without reimbursement.
Can I bring my own cat?
No. As much as we would enjoy meeting your beloved cat, we cannot allow other cats inside Kitty Pause. Bring pictures of them instead!
Can I take photos with the cats?
Absolutely! If your favorite Kitty Pause cat is up for a few selfies, that is fine by us. Please refrain from using a flash. Be sure to post them on Instagram and tag us at #KittyPauseKittyCafe.
What do I do if I am going to be late for my reservation?
Please call us at (480) 450-1915 to let us know. If you are more than 15 minutes late for your reservation without notifying us, we will give your spot to a walk-in customer.
Do cats live at Kitty Pause?
Yes, until they are adopted. Kitty Pauses’ goal is to provide rescue cats with a free roaming and enriched space where they can thrive until they find their forever home.
What if I come for my reservation and all or most of the cats are sleeping?
Cats sleep up to 16 hours per day at random times. Chances are slim that all the cats will be sleeping at the same time. While we understand that you are looking forward to spending time with playful cats, it’s important to the health of the cats that they are allowed to sleep when they need it. We ask that you do not disturb any cats that are sleeping.
Can I have a party or private event at Kitty Pause?
Do you have WiFi?
Yes, we do! WiFi access is included in your reservation fee.
Where do I go to book a reservation?
Go to our booking page at kittypausecafe.com or our Facebook page @KittyPauseMesa and click on the “Book here” button. It will take you to our scheduling calendar. You can click the button below to be taken to our booking page, too. Click on your day and time to complete the booking information to schedule your visit. We look forward to seeing you soon!!
What does it cost to visit?
- $15 per hour per guest for open session times
- Rates vary for special events and classes – see event description for details
- Interact/play with the cats with cat toys, petting, watching them as they climb around the cat lounge on the walkways, play hide and seek with each other, sleep, etc
- Bring your laptop and study or work with cats roaming around as they tend to do
- You can purchase and drink a cup of coffee from our service bar
- You can purchase and snack on some of the prepackaged snacks and goodies from the service bar
- Sit on a floor cushion and meditate or cuddle with kitties who want to snuggle or smell you or otherwise get to know you
- Read a book, do a crossword puzzle or any other interesting activity that does not create a noisy environment and disturb the cats or the other visitors
What to expect when you arrive
Please plan to arrive 10 minutes before your session begins.
When you enter Kitty Pause, you come into the Katnip Boutique and reception area where you sign in with the person on duty, pay your entrance fees if you have not already done so online when you booked or present your free pass if you have one. You will be asked to identify yourself verbally or in the case of a free visit pass to show ID.
Students will need to show their school identification to enter as a student to study. Depending on the length of a study or work session, special reduced entrance rates may apply.
When your session begins, you will enter the cat lounge where the kitties live and play. You will be asked to return to the boutique at the end of your visit at 55 minutes past the hour to allow for cleaning and straightening before the next visitors enter the lounge.
- To receive a full refund, reservations must be cancelled online (if you created an account at checkout), via phone at 480-450-1915 or by email at email@example.com at least 8 hours in advance.
- In the case of a last minute emergency precluding the ability to provide a 8 hour notice to cancel, the visit can be rescheduled at no charge during the period of up to one week after the originally scheduled visit.
- There are no refunds on missed appointments when no notice to cancel has been given in advance.